Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- Credit: Minors & Brady
An 'upside down' home with panoramic views over Carlton Marshes has come up for sale in Oulton, near Lowestoft, for £475,000.
Selling agents Minors & Brady say that the elevated, split-level property is "perfect for anyone wanting to relocate for some peace and tranquility," as it's set in a quiet rural area and surrounded by wildlife.
The property's first owner was an architect, and it shows in its unique design.
Located on a raised platform, it is entered up some steps and through a main door at the side, which leads to an entrance hall and then into a large kitchen/breakfast room. This is well-fitted with matching wall and base units and includes an integrated dishwasher and a Rangemaster double oven.
But the real showstopper of the space is in the seated breakfast area, where a wide window offers panoramic views over the surrounding marshes.
The views continue in the living room too, which is full of character and has huge double-glazed windows to the front and side and a flexible, open-plan layout before leading down to a dining room and a separate study.
Also on this floor is a spacious L-shaped master bedroom which also has two windows and access to an en suite shower room. There is also a separate family bathroom, featuring a panelled bath with shower over the top.
While you might expect the remaining two double bedrooms to be found upstairs, they are in fact both accessed off a hallway on the lower floor. They both have double-glazed windows to the front and offer garden views.
- 1 Deal struck to acquire major Lowestoft shopping centre
- 2 Lowestoft's new beach huts hit the market at £30,000 each
- 3 Vandals target parked car with damage caused overnight
- 4 Coastwatch volunteer encourages public to stay on the lookout for body parts
- 5 Man arrested and charged following robbery at Shell garage
- 6 Lowestoft Co-op now on Just Eat
- 7 Family of 'beautiful' Tilli, five, launch appeal to aid rehabilitation
- 8 Taco Bell set to open in McDonald's former town centre premises
- 9 Woman arrested after cannabis and edible highs seized in police raid
- 10 Vicious burglars jailed for 25 years for 'utterly terrifying' raid
Outside, the property is approached by a large brickweave driveway and there are lots of trees, shrubs, flowers and bushes, as well as a single yet double-length garage.
There is a lawn garden at the rear, as well as a turfed seating area and well-stocked beds.
The property also offers business potential, as it includes an outdoor cattery.
Contact Minors & Brady for more information.
Camps Heath, Oulton
Minors & Brady, 01502 455049, www.minorsandbrady.co.uk
Would you like to stay up to date with the latest property news in your area? Sign up to our Eastern Daily Press newsletter for our pick of the best local property stories.