10 things to do in Waveney this Easter
PUBLISHED: 11:49 29 March 2018
There is plenty on offer for families across the Easter weekend in Waveney. Here are 10 things happening to get you out and about.
1. An Easter egg hunt in support of Emmaus Norfolk and Waveney will take place at the former convent buildings of the Community of All Hallows in Ditchingham from 11am to 3pm on Saturday, March 31.
2. Brooke House care home in Brooke are celebrating Easter with an egg hunt from 3pm to 5pm on Saturday, March 31 with children able to meet the Easter bunny.
3. The Mincarlo, a sidewinder trawler, which is a floating maritime museum at South Pier in Lowestoft, is open for visitors over the Easter Holiday, and is open on Saturday, March 31 from 10.30am to 3pm.
4. The Kristian Borring Trio will return to the Milestones Jazz Club at the Hatfield Hotel, Lowestoft, on Sunday, April 1. Tickets are £7, concessions £6.
5. Wind in the Willows - The New Musical will be on the big screen at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft tomorrow, March 30 at both 3pm and 7pm, with tickets £20, concessions £18, and Privilege Card holders £17.
6. An Easter egg hunt for all the family is being held at Lilac Lodge and Lavender Cottage care home in Oulton Broad. The free event on Easter Sunday, April 1, will include face painting and glitter tattoos for children and music from the local shanty group, Lowestoft Longshoremen. The event will run from 2pm to 4pm.
7. The Seagull Theatre will present Ladies in Lavender, based on the hit film starring Judi Dench and Maggie Smith, from tonight through to Saturday, March 31 at 7.30pm. Tickets cost £8.
8. Beccles and District Museum will open its doors to visitors for the first time this year tomorrow, March 30. The museum at Leman House, Ballygate, launches its first temporary exhibition of the year, Model Vehicles through the Ages. The museum is open from 1.45pm to 4.30pm daily.
9. Comedian and satirist Richard Digance is to appear at Beccles Public Hall on Easter Sunday at 2.30pm alongside special guest Eric Sedge. It will include stories on his Not Bad For His Age tour. Tickets are available from the box office, open Monday to Saturday from 10am to 3pm, by calling 01052 770060 or online at www.becclespublichall.co.uk.
10. St Peters Church, Wenhaston, near Halesworth, will be open on Easter Sunday for people to view the lilies and spring flowers, teas will be served on Easter Monday only.