Centenary to be celebrated with special exhibition
- Credit: Nick Butcher
This year marks a special centenary milestone for the Labour Party and Labour organisation in Lowestoft and Waveney.
And to celebrate this historic event, an exhibition of Labour history and memorabilia will be held at the Ole Frank public house in Gresham Avenue, Oulton Broad, on Saturday, October 6.
The exhibition will be open for viewing from 12.30pm.
The event is open to anyone who is interested in the Labour Party in Lowestoft, and how it has been received and supported over the last 100 years.
A spokesman said: 'Local and national figures, who have been associated with the Labour Party over the years, have been invited to attend.'
You may also want to watch:
Light refreshments will be available and entertainment from John Ward has been arranged for the evening.
For further information about the event contact Sorrel Adams on 07581 356 199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 2 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 3 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 4 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 Police officers could lose jobs over father's holiday park death