60 firefighters tackled Suffolk blaze
TEN fire crews have been called out to a fire at a thatched barn at a farm in Bungay today.The blaze, which started just before noon, totally destroyed the barn on the A144, near Bungay Swimming Pool, and spread to a number of out buildings.
TEN fire crews have been called out to a fire at a thatched barn at a farm in Bungay today.
The blaze, which started just before noon, totally destroyed the barn on the A144, near Bungay Swimming Pool, and spread to a number of out buildings.
The fire was brought under control by 12.50pm, although crews were set to be at the scene for another four or five hours to make sure the buildings were safe.
It is not yet known how the fire started.
Initially six fire engines were called out, although a further four have been required.
The fire engines were from Bungay, Beccles, Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds and Hunstanton, and a hydraulic platform came from Great Yarmouth.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 2 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 3 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 4 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 5 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 6 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 7 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 9 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 10 Investigation closed after man chased victim at knifepoint in Lowestoft
Although ambulances were called out to the scene they were not required.
Traffic is still being allowed past the scene on the A144.