60 firefighters tackled Suffolk blaze
TEN fire crews have been called out to a fire at a thatched barn at a farm in Bungay today.The blaze, which started just before noon, totally destroyed the barn on the A144, near Bungay Swimming Pool, and spread to a number of out buildings.
TEN fire crews have been called out to a fire at a thatched barn at a farm in Bungay today.
The blaze, which started just before noon, totally destroyed the barn on the A144, near Bungay Swimming Pool, and spread to a number of out buildings.
The fire was brought under control by 12.50pm, although crews were set to be at the scene for another four or five hours to make sure the buildings were safe.
It is not yet known how the fire started.
You may also want to watch:
Initially six fire engines were called out, although a further four have been required.
The fire engines were from Bungay, Beccles, Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds and Hunstanton, and a hydraulic platform came from Great Yarmouth.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Lowestoft man denies breaching restraining order moments after it was made
- 7 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 10 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
Although ambulances were called out to the scene they were not required.
Traffic is still being allowed past the scene on the A144.