60 firefighters tackled Suffolk blaze
TEN fire crews have been called out to a fire at a thatched barn at a farm in Bungay today.The blaze, which started just before noon, totally destroyed the barn on the A144, near Bungay Swimming Pool, and spread to a number of out buildings.
TEN fire crews have been called out to a fire at a thatched barn at a farm in Bungay today.
The blaze, which started just before noon, totally destroyed the barn on the A144, near Bungay Swimming Pool, and spread to a number of out buildings.
The fire was brought under control by 12.50pm, although crews were set to be at the scene for another four or five hours to make sure the buildings were safe.
It is not yet known how the fire started.
You may also want to watch:
Initially six fire engines were called out, although a further four have been required.
The fire engines were from Bungay, Beccles, Lowestoft, Bury St Edmunds and Hunstanton, and a hydraulic platform came from Great Yarmouth.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Missing man found safe and well
Although ambulances were called out to the scene they were not required.
Traffic is still being allowed past the scene on the A144.