61-year-old dies after Lowestoft crash
Mark BoggisPOLICE have revealed that the man who died following a motorcycle crash in Lowestoft today was 61-years-old.The unnamed motorcyclist died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Tuesday afternoon following this morning's collision with a black Ford Focus.Mark Boggis
POLICE have revealed that the man who died following a motorcycle crash in Lowestoft today was 61-years-old.
The unnamed motorcyclist died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Tuesday afternoon following this morning's collision with a black Ford Focus.
The emergency services were called to Rotterdam Road at about 10.45am following the two-vehicle collision, which happened close to the Lake Lothing public house.
The man riding the motorcycle was taken by road ambulance to the James Paget with serious injuries following the crash, however he died a short time ago.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while initial investigations at the scene were carried out, and it was eventually re-opened around 3.40pm.
Police are seeking witnesses to the collision and are asking anyone who may have seen the crash to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 'Forever an Olympian': Charley Davison bows out at Tokyo games
- 2 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 3 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 4 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 5 Olympic quest continues for Lowestoft's GB boxing star Charley Davison
- 6 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 7 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 10 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures