61-year-old dies after Lowestoft crash
Mark BoggisPOLICE have revealed that the man who died following a motorcycle crash in Lowestoft today was 61-years-old.The unnamed motorcyclist died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Tuesday afternoon following this morning's collision with a black Ford Focus.Mark Boggis
POLICE have revealed that the man who died following a motorcycle crash in Lowestoft today was 61-years-old.
The unnamed motorcyclist died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Tuesday afternoon following this morning's collision with a black Ford Focus.
The emergency services were called to Rotterdam Road at about 10.45am following the two-vehicle collision, which happened close to the Lake Lothing public house.
The man riding the motorcycle was taken by road ambulance to the James Paget with serious injuries following the crash, however he died a short time ago.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while initial investigations at the scene were carried out, and it was eventually re-opened around 3.40pm.
Police are seeking witnesses to the collision and are asking anyone who may have seen the crash to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 6 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 7 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft