61-year-old dies after Lowestoft crash
Mark BoggisPOLICE have revealed that the man who died following a motorcycle crash in Lowestoft today was 61-years-old.The unnamed motorcyclist died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Tuesday afternoon following this morning's collision with a black Ford Focus.Mark Boggis
POLICE have revealed that the man who died following a motorcycle crash in Lowestoft today was 61-years-old.
The unnamed motorcyclist died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Tuesday afternoon following this morning's collision with a black Ford Focus.
The emergency services were called to Rotterdam Road at about 10.45am following the two-vehicle collision, which happened close to the Lake Lothing public house.
The man riding the motorcycle was taken by road ambulance to the James Paget with serious injuries following the crash, however he died a short time ago.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while initial investigations at the scene were carried out, and it was eventually re-opened around 3.40pm.
Police are seeking witnesses to the collision and are asking anyone who may have seen the crash to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 8 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 9 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid