61-year-old dies after Lowestoft crash
Mark BoggisPOLICE have revealed that the man who died following a motorcycle crash in Lowestoft today was 61-years-old.The unnamed motorcyclist died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Tuesday afternoon following this morning's collision with a black Ford Focus.Mark Boggis
POLICE have revealed that the man who died following a motorcycle crash in Lowestoft today was 61-years-old.
The unnamed motorcyclist died at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston on Tuesday afternoon following this morning's collision with a black Ford Focus.
The emergency services were called to Rotterdam Road at about 10.45am following the two-vehicle collision, which happened close to the Lake Lothing public house.
The man riding the motorcycle was taken by road ambulance to the James Paget with serious injuries following the crash, however he died a short time ago.
You may also want to watch:
The road was closed while initial investigations at the scene were carried out, and it was eventually re-opened around 3.40pm.
Police are seeking witnesses to the collision and are asking anyone who may have seen the crash to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team on 01473 613500.
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death