A quick 'Allo as cast hit Lowestoft
THE stars of 'Allo 'Allo received a warm welcome when they joined shoppers at the French street market in London Road North, Lowestoft, this week.The television comedy has made a successful transition to the stage and is currently on a national tour.
THE stars of 'Allo 'Allo received a warm welcome when they joined shoppers at the French street market in London Road North, Lowestoft, this week.
The television comedy has made a successful transition to the stage and is currently on a national tour.
It is proving a big hit with audiences at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre with original cast member Vicki Michelle and Jeffrey Holland of Hi-De-Hi fame leading a talented cast.
'It is really nice to be here in Lowestoft and we are lucky to be staying in such a nice part of the country,' said Vicki.
You may also want to watch:
'The audiences have been superb and I think Jeffrey makes a wonderful Rene.
'The magic of the television series is definitely brought to life on stage,' she said.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Brit Award winner cancels Latitude and Norwich shows due to Covid
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
Jeffrey Holland is delighted to be part of such a popular show.
'As a newcomer it has been something special to see how audiences really love the show.
'We have many of the favourite scenes from the show so the audiences are never disappointed,' he said.
Lowestoft residents seemed to take the unusual scene of French waitresses, resistance members, RAF pilots, German officers, an Italian war hero and a leather-coated Gestapo chief in their stride.
The cast chatted happily with locals and signed autographs before returning to the theatre for a matinee performance on Wednesday.
'Allo 'Allo continues this evening at 7.30pm and tomorrow at 2.30pm and 7.30pm. For tickets and more information contact the Marina box office on 01502 533200.
The French street market in London Road North, Lowestoft, continues today and tomorrow.