A quick 'Allo as cast hit Lowestoft
THE stars of 'Allo 'Allo received a warm welcome when they joined shoppers at the French street market in London Road North, Lowestoft, this week.The television comedy has made a successful transition to the stage and is currently on a national tour.
THE stars of 'Allo 'Allo received a warm welcome when they joined shoppers at the French street market in London Road North, Lowestoft, this week.
The television comedy has made a successful transition to the stage and is currently on a national tour.
It is proving a big hit with audiences at Lowestoft's Marina Theatre with original cast member Vicki Michelle and Jeffrey Holland of Hi-De-Hi fame leading a talented cast.
'It is really nice to be here in Lowestoft and we are lucky to be staying in such a nice part of the country,' said Vicki.
You may also want to watch:
'The audiences have been superb and I think Jeffrey makes a wonderful Rene.
'The magic of the television series is definitely brought to life on stage,' she said.
- 1 Hotels launch search for more than 20 new staff members
- 2 New operator to be unveiled for Lowestoft pavilion regeneration
- 3 Lowestoft man fined £2,000 for noise offences after warning
- 4 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 5 Vulnerable man abused by group of youths in Lowestoft
- 6 New restaurant offering 'finest Asian cuisine' opens in Lowestoft
- 7 School sites targeted as vandals cause damage across Lowestoft
- 8 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 9 Bomb disposal unit detonate device found on beach
- 10 Backlash against raw sewage vote as local hotspots revealed
Jeffrey Holland is delighted to be part of such a popular show.
'As a newcomer it has been something special to see how audiences really love the show.
'We have many of the favourite scenes from the show so the audiences are never disappointed,' he said.
Lowestoft residents seemed to take the unusual scene of French waitresses, resistance members, RAF pilots, German officers, an Italian war hero and a leather-coated Gestapo chief in their stride.
The cast chatted happily with locals and signed autographs before returning to the theatre for a matinee performance on Wednesday.
'Allo 'Allo continues this evening at 7.30pm and tomorrow at 2.30pm and 7.30pm. For tickets and more information contact the Marina box office on 01502 533200.
The French street market in London Road North, Lowestoft, continues today and tomorrow.