A real hoot! Stunning owl snap wins Picture of the Week
- Credit: Archant
A gorgeous picture of a tawny owl taken at Christchurch Park in Ipswich of a tawny owl sound asleep residing high up a tree in the late afternoon has won our Picture of the Week.
The photo was taken by Val Bond, 53, and is her sixth time winning the award.
"I just love taking photos and the thrill of entering," she said.
"I kind of got two birds with one stone, as I went to see the Ed Sheeran exhibition in the park's museum, and I thought this owl might be there.
"So I took my camera and took this. I was debating printing it myself so you've sorted that for me!"
You may also want to watch:
As our winner, Ms Everett-Day receives a 10in x 8in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, in Lowestoft town centre. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images.
To enter our competition, email your pictures to email@example.com.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 9 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk