A reasoned approach is needed
THANK you for informing the public of the proposed dismantling and closure of The High Street Dental Surgery, in Lowestoft.This is a well established NHS-led patient centred dental service; 18,000 patients are currently under active care with a further 2,000 on the list.
THANK you for informing the public of the proposed dismantling and closure of The High Street Dental Surgery, in Lowestoft.
This is a well established NHS-led patient centred dental service; 18,000 patients are currently under active care with a further 2,000 on the list. This list includes whole families and caters for children, young and older adults and senior citizens offering quality, wholesome, dental care including prevention.
The highly skilled, well settled professional, amiable workforce, offer a skill mix of therapists, nurses and hygienist, in an excellently maintained premises with modern equipment.
The financial implications of this closure need to be examined thoroughly. Costs for procurement, probable litigation, possible increase of units of dental activity for a new practice could all add up to a staggering sum. Unnecessary NHS expenditure should be avoided at all costs and available monies be utilised towards further improving patient care in all aspects of dental services for all the dental practices in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Cordial, courteous conversations are needed for an objective commonsense resolution in avoiding closure and all its futile consequences, including the break in continuity of care for patients of all ages.
As a patient of this practice I have complete confidence in the standard of dental care offered and I am sure the whole practice population would echo my views.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft
DR G MOHAN