A reasoned approach is needed
THANK you for informing the public of the proposed dismantling and closure of The High Street Dental Surgery, in Lowestoft.This is a well established NHS-led patient centred dental service; 18,000 patients are currently under active care with a further 2,000 on the list.
THANK you for informing the public of the proposed dismantling and closure of The High Street Dental Surgery, in Lowestoft.
This is a well established NHS-led patient centred dental service; 18,000 patients are currently under active care with a further 2,000 on the list. This list includes whole families and caters for children, young and older adults and senior citizens offering quality, wholesome, dental care including prevention.
The highly skilled, well settled professional, amiable workforce, offer a skill mix of therapists, nurses and hygienist, in an excellently maintained premises with modern equipment.
The financial implications of this closure need to be examined thoroughly. Costs for procurement, probable litigation, possible increase of units of dental activity for a new practice could all add up to a staggering sum. Unnecessary NHS expenditure should be avoided at all costs and available monies be utilised towards further improving patient care in all aspects of dental services for all the dental practices in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Cordial, courteous conversations are needed for an objective commonsense resolution in avoiding closure and all its futile consequences, including the break in continuity of care for patients of all ages.
As a patient of this practice I have complete confidence in the standard of dental care offered and I am sure the whole practice population would echo my views.
- 1 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 2 Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- 3 'A momentous occasion': Pharmacies to start Covid vaccinations in Suffolk
- 4 Man arrested and drugs seized in police raid
- 5 Delays warning as road closed for emergency repairs
- 6 Latest 'R rate' shows coronavirus still spreading in region
- 7 How I became Ralph Fiennes' assistant on Netflix's The Dig
- 8 Man recovering after suffering serious leg injury in crash
- 9 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 10 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
DR G MOHAN