A12 closed after van careers into ditch
PART of the A12 is currently closed this morning (Wednesday) after a van flipped and landed on its roof in a ditch.The accident happened between Blythburgh and Wangford shortly before 7am on the northbound carriageway.
PART of the A12 is currently closed this morning (Wednesday) after a van flipped and landed on its roof in a ditch.
The accident happened between Blythburgh and Wangford shortly before 7am on the northbound carriageway.
The male driver of the Mercedes van suffered a minor bump to his head. He was assessed by paramedics at the scene but did not need further treatment at hospital.
A police spokeswoman said both carriageways of the A12 was temporarily closed at about 8am while recovery crews prepare to turn the van back over and remove it from the road.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 4 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 9 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre