A12 closed after van careers into ditch
PART of the A12 is currently closed this morning (Wednesday) after a van flipped and landed on its roof in a ditch.The accident happened between Blythburgh and Wangford shortly before 7am on the northbound carriageway.
PART of the A12 is currently closed this morning (Wednesday) after a van flipped and landed on its roof in a ditch.
The accident happened between Blythburgh and Wangford shortly before 7am on the northbound carriageway.
The male driver of the Mercedes van suffered a minor bump to his head. He was assessed by paramedics at the scene but did not need further treatment at hospital.
A police spokeswoman said both carriageways of the A12 was temporarily closed at about 8am while recovery crews prepare to turn the van back over and remove it from the road.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 4 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 5 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son