A12 closed after van careers into ditch
PART of the A12 is currently closed this morning (Wednesday) after a van flipped and landed on its roof in a ditch.The accident happened between Blythburgh and Wangford shortly before 7am on the northbound carriageway.
PART of the A12 is currently closed this morning (Wednesday) after a van flipped and landed on its roof in a ditch.
The accident happened between Blythburgh and Wangford shortly before 7am on the northbound carriageway.
The male driver of the Mercedes van suffered a minor bump to his head. He was assessed by paramedics at the scene but did not need further treatment at hospital.
A police spokeswoman said both carriageways of the A12 was temporarily closed at about 8am while recovery crews prepare to turn the van back over and remove it from the road.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 3 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 4 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 5 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 6 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 10 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft