A12 crash causes havoc at Hopton
Mark BoggisRUSH-hour traffic was caught up in major delays on the A12 between Corton and Hopton this evening following a road traffic collision.The crash at Hopton caused miles of tailbacks, with firefighters from Great Yarmouth called to the scene.Mark Boggis
RUSH-hour traffic was caught up in major delays on the A12 between Corton and Hopton this evening following a road traffic collision.
The crash at Hopton caused miles of tailbacks, with firefighters from Great Yarmouth called to the scene.
Two crews from Yarmouth attended the collision at about 5.40pm and they 'made the scene safe,' according to a spokesman for Norfolk Fire Service.
The collision led to southbound traffic between the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston and Hopton being closed to motorists, with northbound traffic flowing freely.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions were put in place with traffic travelling through the back roads and villages, with delays expected.
Elsewhere, the A146 Norwich Road at Loddon experienced major traffic delays as another crash - believed to be caused by the icy conditions - led to huge tailbacks.
- 1 Fire damages children's play area in Lowestoft
- 2 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 3 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: Arsonist, burglar and drug dealer all behind bars
- 5 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 6 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 7 Man dies following collision on A12
- 8 Trio bailed following arrests outside petrol station
- 9 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 10 Coronavirus jabs rolled out to people aged 56 to 59