A12 crash causes havoc at Hopton
Mark BoggisRUSH-hour traffic was caught up in major delays on the A12 between Corton and Hopton this evening following a road traffic collision.The crash at Hopton caused miles of tailbacks, with firefighters from Great Yarmouth called to the scene.Mark Boggis
RUSH-hour traffic was caught up in major delays on the A12 between Corton and Hopton this evening following a road traffic collision.
The crash at Hopton caused miles of tailbacks, with firefighters from Great Yarmouth called to the scene.
Two crews from Yarmouth attended the collision at about 5.40pm and they 'made the scene safe,' according to a spokesman for Norfolk Fire Service.
The collision led to southbound traffic between the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston and Hopton being closed to motorists, with northbound traffic flowing freely.
You may also want to watch:
Diversions were put in place with traffic travelling through the back roads and villages, with delays expected.
Elsewhere, the A146 Norwich Road at Loddon experienced major traffic delays as another crash - believed to be caused by the icy conditions - led to huge tailbacks.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 5 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 6 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 9 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death