A12 crash causes havoc at Hopton
Mark BoggisRUSH-hour traffic was caught up in major delays on the A12 between Corton and Hopton this evening following a road traffic collision.The crash at Hopton caused miles of tailbacks, with firefighters from Great Yarmouth called to the scene.Mark Boggis
RUSH-hour traffic was caught up in major delays on the A12 between Corton and Hopton this evening following a road traffic collision.
The crash at Hopton caused miles of tailbacks, with firefighters from Great Yarmouth called to the scene.
Two crews from Yarmouth attended the collision at about 5.40pm and they 'made the scene safe,' according to a spokesman for Norfolk Fire Service.
The collision led to southbound traffic between the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston and Hopton being closed to motorists, with northbound traffic flowing freely.
Diversions were put in place with traffic travelling through the back roads and villages, with delays expected.
Elsewhere, the A146 Norwich Road at Loddon experienced major traffic delays as another crash - believed to be caused by the icy conditions - led to huge tailbacks.
- 1 BBC film crew spotted filming in Lowestoft
- 2 'Ethan touched the lives of everyone': Family's emotional tribute to teen
- 3 Lowestoft man jailed after breaching restraining order within an hour
- 4 Police hunt for teenager with knife who threatened man in town centre
- 5 'Like an earthquake' - Life by Lowestoft's Gull Wing construction site
- 6 Go-ahead for new shops and flats at site of former family-run business
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- 8 Major infrastructure projects 'putting pressure' on Suffolk
- 9 Arsonist to be sentenced after admitting starting blaze at block of flats
- 10 Enquiries ongoing after man sexually assaulted on Lowestoft beach