A12 to be shut for engineering works
A SECTION of one of Suffolk's busiest roads will be shut next month so rail bosses can carry out engineering work.The A12 will be closed at Darsham level crossing from 11.
A SECTION of one of Suffolk's busiest roads will be shut next month so rail bosses can carry out engineering work.
The A12 will be closed at Darsham level crossing from 11.30pm on Friday, February 12 until 5.30am on Monday, February 15.
Engineers from Network Rail will be carrying out work on the East Suffolk Railway Line.
The recommended road diversion will be from Yoxford to Blythburgh via Westleton.
You may also want to watch:
National Express East Anglia will be replacing the rail service between Saxmundham and Lowestoft with buses; however the 521 service will omit the Darsham Station stop.
Meanwhile, both the Ingate and Grove Road level crossings in the centre of Beccles will be closed between late on the night of Friday, February 5 until late in the evening of Friday, February 12.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 4 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 5 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
National Express East Anglia will be replacing the rail service between Halesworth and Lowestoft with a bus service.
The X2 First bus service operating between Lowestoft and Norwich will operate only to Beccles bus station via George Westwood Way.
The route of the X2 service will be altered considerably in Worlingham - operating from the A146 from Lowestoft along the B1127 Copland Way, Benacre and Ellough roads, Hillside Avenue, Lowestoft Road returning to the A146 and vice versa from Norwich.