A12 to be shut for engineering works
A SECTION of one of Suffolk's busiest roads will be shut next month so rail bosses can carry out engineering work.The A12 will be closed at Darsham level crossing from 11.
A SECTION of one of Suffolk's busiest roads will be shut next month so rail bosses can carry out engineering work.
The A12 will be closed at Darsham level crossing from 11.30pm on Friday, February 12 until 5.30am on Monday, February 15.
Engineers from Network Rail will be carrying out work on the East Suffolk Railway Line.
The recommended road diversion will be from Yoxford to Blythburgh via Westleton.
You may also want to watch:
National Express East Anglia will be replacing the rail service between Saxmundham and Lowestoft with buses; however the 521 service will omit the Darsham Station stop.
Meanwhile, both the Ingate and Grove Road level crossings in the centre of Beccles will be closed between late on the night of Friday, February 5 until late in the evening of Friday, February 12.
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 5 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 6 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 7 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 8 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
National Express East Anglia will be replacing the rail service between Halesworth and Lowestoft with a bus service.
The X2 First bus service operating between Lowestoft and Norwich will operate only to Beccles bus station via George Westwood Way.
The route of the X2 service will be altered considerably in Worlingham - operating from the A146 from Lowestoft along the B1127 Copland Way, Benacre and Ellough roads, Hillside Avenue, Lowestoft Road returning to the A146 and vice versa from Norwich.