A143 road closure planned
The A143 will be closed to all vehicles from midnight to 6am on Thursday, October 22, while the road over St Olaves Bridge is resurfaced.The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
The A143 will be closed to all vehicles from midnight to 6am on Thursday, October 22, while the road over St Olaves Bridge is resurfaced.
The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
The work, costing �22,500, should be complete within the time allowed, but the following night, October 23, has been set aside as an alternative or additional date in case poor weather delays work.
Pedestrians will be able to use the adjacent footbridge as normal, but for vehicles the signed diversion route will be via Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and Haddiscoe. From the north east to south west side of the bridge the diversion will be via A143 to Beccles Road Roundabout in Yarmouth, B1370 to A12 Lowestoft Road roundabout, A12 and A1117 to Lowestoft, A146 to Beccles and A143 through Haddiscoe back to St Olaves.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 2 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 3 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 4 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 5 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 6 Burglar attempts to rob store with metal bar as weapon
- 7 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 8 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 9 New book shines 'the spotlight' on coastal town's past and present
- 10 Two men bailed in connection with firearm offences