A143 road closure planned
The A143 will be closed to all vehicles from midnight to 6am on Thursday, October 22, while the road over St Olaves Bridge is resurfaced.The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
The A143 will be closed to all vehicles from midnight to 6am on Thursday, October 22, while the road over St Olaves Bridge is resurfaced.
The existing bridge surface is rutted and cracked and resurfacing is needed before winter weather creates further problems, such as potholes.
The work, costing �22,500, should be complete within the time allowed, but the following night, October 23, has been set aside as an alternative or additional date in case poor weather delays work.
Pedestrians will be able to use the adjacent footbridge as normal, but for vehicles the signed diversion route will be via Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Beccles and Haddiscoe. From the north east to south west side of the bridge the diversion will be via A143 to Beccles Road Roundabout in Yarmouth, B1370 to A12 Lowestoft Road roundabout, A12 and A1117 to Lowestoft, A146 to Beccles and A143 through Haddiscoe back to St Olaves.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 2 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 3 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 6 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 7 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 8 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 9 Fire fighters called to school after solar panel convertor fire
- 10 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree