Bascule Bridge set to close for overnight work
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are likely to face disruption as routine maintenance work is carried out overnight on the A47 Bascule Bridge at Lowestoft.
Traffic will be diverted as the work is carried out on the bridge for one night, between 8pm on Thursday, April 4 and 6am on Friday, April 5.
With the bridge temporarily closed, a spokesman for Highways England said: 'We will be carrying out routine maintenance works on the A47 Bascule Bridge at Lowestoft.
'This will be on the night of Thursday, April 4, from 8pm to 6am.
'During the work, the A47 will be closed in both directions at the bridge and a diversion will be clearly signposted.
You may also want to watch:
'A free hourly bus service will be provided for pedestrians wanting to cross the bridge.
'This will leave from the north side of the bridge at quarter past the hour and from the south side at quarter to the hour.'
Highways chiefs expect to carry out three further nights of maintenance works to the A47 Bascule Bridge in Lowestoft in June, August and November.
Keep up to date with the latest delays by viewing our Live Traffic Map.
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 'An appalling state' - bereaved criticises cemetery wildlife campaign
- 7 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 8 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 9 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk
- 10 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country