A47 reopened and two people taken to hospital following crash
- Credit: Archant
A dual carriageway has reopened after being closed for three hours following a car crash.
At around 11am today a silver Ford Focus crashed into the central reservation along the A47 near the Rackams Corner roundabout near Corton.
The two people travelling in the car were left trapped and the road between the A117 and B1375 was closed in both directions by police.
Fire crews from Lowestoft South, Great Yarmouth and Gorleston worked to remove a door and free the pair trapped inside.
Both were subsequently taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Highways England said: 'There was a collision involving a single vehicle which came a rest on top of the central reservation.
'The car has since been removed and the road has been reopened in both directions just after 2pm.'
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre