Abi Titmuss in Lowestoft to launch Shakespearean role
Hayley MaceA former model will be showing her more serious side as she takes to the stage as one of Shakespeare's most famous females next week.Abi Titmuss will be playing Lady Macbeth in a touring version of the play which is coming to theatres in Waveney later this month.Hayley Mace
A former model will be showing her more serious side as she takes to the stage as one of Shakespeare's most famous females next week.
Abi Titmuss will be playing Lady Macbeth in a touring version of the play which is coming to theatres in Waveney later this month.
Her stint on stage in Waveney was officially launched with a visit to the Seagull Theatre in Lowestoft today and the play opens at the theatre next week.
John Hales, the theatre's artistic director, said: 'She is a really, really good actress and that was one of the main considerations as we needed a strong female lead.
'To those who have not seen her she will be a wonderful surprise.'
Mr Hales, who will play Macbeth himself, first met Miss Titmuss when he was working on a film earlier this year and saw her as his perfect femme fatale for the Shakespeare classic.
- 1 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 2 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 3 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 4 5 cheap and free things to do in Suffolk this weekend
- 5 'You're not Steve McQueen' - Vehicles reported for anti-social driving
- 6 Lowestoft man died after paramedics mistakenly told he had taken heroin
- 7 ‘Accessible to everyone:' Special party highlights new beach huts
- 8 Drought declared in Suffolk as temperatures set to soar this weekend
- 9 Teenager arrested after girl assaulted during robbery
- 10 Lowestoft's £24.9 million funding for regeneration projects approved
A former nurse, Miss Titmuss first shot to fame for her relationship with TV presenter John Leslie.
She became a pin-up after launching herself as a glamour model but has since branched out into television work and made her West End stage debut in 2006.
t Macbeth is at the Seagull Theatre from November 18 to 22. It is at the Fisher Theatre in Bungay on November 24 and at The Cut in Halesworth on December 4.