Action shot of water vole takes first prize in Journal’s Picture of the Week competition
- Credit: Archant
Ryan Mitchell's adorable shot of a water vole munching at Oulton Marshes nature reserve has taken the crown as the Journal's Picture of the Week.
Twenty-six-year-old Ryan from Lowestoft captured the photo on his Canon 600d camera last month.
He said: 'I'm a keen amateur wildlife/nature photographer and I've been doing this for a few years now. I regularly head to the nature reserves in the area. I didn't have to wait too long to capture this photo, I just had to be patient as I've heard that the water voles have been recently seen in the area. And I was just lucky enough to see this guy in action.
'I have won Picture of the Week a few times in the past, and each time it is a great feeling knowing my photo has been chosen.
'I like this photo as this was my first time seeing them in the wild.'
You may also want to watch:
Ryan also dedicated his photo to Sherry Jackson, who encouraged him to enter the competition.
As our winner, Ryan receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'