Adnams and Archant in mobile link-up
ADNAMS and media group Archant have formed a new hi-tech partnership with the launch of a new PinkUn mobile website.The Southwold-based brewer will sponsor of the new site - which will allow sports fans to keep track of news and results on their mobile phones.
ADNAMS and media group Archant have formed a new hi-tech partnership with the launch of a new PinkUn mobile website.
The Southwold-based brewer will sponsor of the new site - which will allow sports fans to keep track of news and results on their mobile phones.
Andy Wood, Adnams managing director, said: "Adnams is very happy to support the new PinkUn mobile website.
'More and more of us are accessing information on our phones and being able to get up to the minute team news is ideal for sports fans. Adnams has over a thousand followers on Twitter and we know many of them 'tweet' from the pub before the match.
You may also want to watch:
'We want to be able to build on the link with people using their mobile phones in this way by offering PinkUn readers special offers and competitions to enjoy Adnams products."
Stephan Phillips, managing director of Archant Norfolk, publisher of The Journal, said the PinkUn was the first of the company's new mobile sites and included a range of free downloads, including ringtones and wallpapers.
- 1 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 2 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 4 Rail service disrupted after boat hits railway bridge
- 5 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 6 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 8 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 9 Wartime evacuees set to reunite in Lowestoft
- 10 Joy as supported living service retains 'good' CQC inspection result
"We have been working with Adnams on a number of initiatives during the last year and we are aware that this is a route which works well for both companies,' Mr Phillips said.
"Following a study tour of Japan, where mobile markets are much more developed, Archant has been working with Bluestar, the top developer of mobile content sites, to launch a range of mobile sites, that is sites which are specifically developed and formatted for easy viewing and engagement on a smartphone.'
He added: 'The sponsorship of the site by Adnams is important. It means that the downloads can be delivered free of charge for site users, as well as giving Adnams some strong promotional opportunities, including data capture. We will be working with Adnams to help them fully exploit these opportunities during the year.'
See the site on your mobile at going to m.pinkun.com or text pink to 87700 and get a free link back to your phone (standard network charges apply).