Adnams chief receives honorary degree
ANDY Wood, the chief executive of Suffolk brewing and leisure retail company Adnams has been awarded an honorary doctorate by the Ashcroft International Business School, part of Anglia Ruskin University.
Mr Wood, who began his career at Norwich Union, now Aviva, has been with Adnams for 14 years, playing a key role in making it one of the most environmentally friendly businesses in the UK.
Having joined Adnams in 1996 with responsibility for developing its customer service and supply chain operations, he was appointed to the board in 2000. He became managing director in 2006 and was appointed chief executive earlier this year.
He has a doctorate in Business Administration, having studied part-time at Cranfield University for four years, and lectures at a number of business schools.
The university has also awarded honorary degrees to Essex-born actress Juliet Stevenson; world heavyweight boxing champion David Haye; Mark Wood, a former UK chief executive at AXA and Prudential; Johnson Matthey chief executive Neil Carson; Lyndon Jones, chief executive of the Association of British Executives; Colin Walsh, managing director of Book Production Consultants; Bryony Pawinska, chief executive of the College of Optometrists; Welsh poet and novelist Grahame Davies; Scottish film-maker Murray Grigor; poet and novelist John Burnside, and mental health campaigner Peter Campbell.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 2 Diversions in place as fibre cable works continue in Lowestoft
- 3 Norfolk boatyard sells at auction for almost double expected guide price
- 4 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 5 Families urged to lock their sheds after string of burglaries
- 6 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 7 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 8 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 9 Severe delays on A146 after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Stricken yacht towed to safety by lifeboat crew