Adnams names Lyndon Barrett-Scott as general manager at the Swan Hotel in Southwold
- Credit: Archant
A new general manager has been appointed at the Swan Hotel in Southwold, which is due to reopen in October following a £6m refurbishment.
Adnams has appointed Lyndon Barrett-Scott as general manager, after he was previously involved in the launch of several high-end establishments including the Covent Garden Hotel, Seaham Hall Hotel in Durham and the King Street Townhouse in Manchester.
Emma Hibbert, marketing director at Adnams, said: 'We are really excited to have Lyndon at the helm of this launch as he brings great experience in managing successful hotels across the world and his dedication to fantastic customer service is second to none.
'This is a once in a generation project for Adnams in terms of both scale and ambition and Lyndon's expertise will be a real asset.
'While brewery and distillery tours have become hugely popular activities, The Swan's connection with Adnams will push the boundaries of gastronomic tourism further. Not only will The Swan appeal to Adnams fans, beer aficionados and gin lovers but also to those looking to escape and enjoy a luxury experience and amazing food and drink.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Barrett-Scott said: 'The Swan is a fascinating building with a colourful history and has been an important focal point in Southwold for hundreds of years. It's in a wonderful location at the heart of town and has all the right ingredients for a world-class hotel.
'It's great to have the opportunity to open a hotel where it is possible to provide the very best experience for guests. The fact that The Swan has such close links with brewing and distilling is also exciting, with The Swan not only offering guests a relaxing and indulgent getaway but also an immersive Adnams experience.'
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 5 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 8 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
The Swan Hotel is due to re-open on October 13, with bookings now being accepted. The new décor has been developed by interior design firm Project Orange to combine modern luxury with the history of Southwold, Adnams and the hotel building.