Adnams takes over hotel on country estate
A boutique hotel is set to reopen this summer now that new management partners have been found.Southwold-based brewers and hoteliers Adnams have signed up to run Fritton House on the Somerleyton Estate, near Lowestoft.
A boutique hotel is set to reopen this summer now that new management partners have been found.
Southwold-based brewers and hoteliers Adnams have signed up to run Fritton House on the Somerleyton Estate, near Lowestoft.
Operations at the hotel, which is in a 15th century former coaching inn at the gateway to the Fritton Lake country park on the Norfolk/Suffolk Border, were suspended in January this year after months of tough trading conditions.
Fritton House owner Hugh Crossley, the son of Lord and Lady Somerleyton, said he is hopeful that the hotel will reopen at the beginning of July.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Obviously this is great news for us. It is fantastic for the estate and we are delighted to have them coming in to take over where we left off.
'We, like a lot of other people, are looking forward to being able to go back there.'
- 1 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 6 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Missing man found safe and well
- 9 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Francis Gildea, general manager of Adnams Hotels, said: 'We are very excited and this is such a fantastic property. We feel that it fits very well with our existing brand and feel that the addition of the Adnams brand will be beneficial for the business.
'We've now got a four week period in which to get the hotel up and running once again. One of our biggest tasks is also recruitment; we're going to hold a couple of open days locally in the next month because we would like to have an impact on the local economy, both as a business and as an employer.'