Adnams takes over hotel on country estate
A boutique hotel is set to reopen this summer now that new management partners have been found.Southwold-based brewers and hoteliers Adnams have signed up to run Fritton House on the Somerleyton Estate, near Lowestoft.
A boutique hotel is set to reopen this summer now that new management partners have been found.
Southwold-based brewers and hoteliers Adnams have signed up to run Fritton House on the Somerleyton Estate, near Lowestoft.
Operations at the hotel, which is in a 15th century former coaching inn at the gateway to the Fritton Lake country park on the Norfolk/Suffolk Border, were suspended in January this year after months of tough trading conditions.
Fritton House owner Hugh Crossley, the son of Lord and Lady Somerleyton, said he is hopeful that the hotel will reopen at the beginning of July.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Obviously this is great news for us. It is fantastic for the estate and we are delighted to have them coming in to take over where we left off.
'We, like a lot of other people, are looking forward to being able to go back there.'
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 5 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 6 O2 phone store burglars facing jail terms for break-in
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 Businesses pitch in to give vital support to Lowestoft charities
- 9 Joy as CityFibre backs Lowestoft landmark with sponsorship deal
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
Francis Gildea, general manager of Adnams Hotels, said: 'We are very excited and this is such a fantastic property. We feel that it fits very well with our existing brand and feel that the addition of the Adnams brand will be beneficial for the business.
'We've now got a four week period in which to get the hotel up and running once again. One of our biggest tasks is also recruitment; we're going to hold a couple of open days locally in the next month because we would like to have an impact on the local economy, both as a business and as an employer.'