Adorable wildlife photo wins The Journal’s weekly picture competition
- Credit: Robert McKenna
This cute photograph of a cheeky mouse was captured by Robert McKenna of Kessingland.
He took the photo using his Canon digital camera in his garden last month.
Mr McKenna, 70, said: 'I was cutting the grass at the time and I deposited two or three heaps of fresh cut grass around the garden putting one near to the bird table.
'As I did so, I noticed a movement beside the grass heap and I kept very still, and then saw a mouse disappear into the grass heap.'
He added: 'I then decided to take a break to eat my sandwich after first collecting my camera from the house.
You may also want to watch:
'I deliberately left a few crumbs on top of the grass and waited a while when this little chap turned up and seemed to be begging me for a piece of my bread.
'I can only assume that he had been feeding on the spillage from the bird table before.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted
'I feel very pleased to have won and hope the photograph brings a smile to the faces of readers.'
As our winner, Mr McKenna receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org