Adorable wildlife photo wins The Journal’s weekly picture competition
- Credit: Robert McKenna
This cute photograph of a cheeky mouse was captured by Robert McKenna of Kessingland.
He took the photo using his Canon digital camera in his garden last month.
Mr McKenna, 70, said: 'I was cutting the grass at the time and I deposited two or three heaps of fresh cut grass around the garden putting one near to the bird table.
'As I did so, I noticed a movement beside the grass heap and I kept very still, and then saw a mouse disappear into the grass heap.'
He added: 'I then decided to take a break to eat my sandwich after first collecting my camera from the house.
You may also want to watch:
'I deliberately left a few crumbs on top of the grass and waited a while when this little chap turned up and seemed to be begging me for a piece of my bread.
'I can only assume that he had been feeding on the spillage from the bird table before.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 4 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 7 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 8 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 9 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
'I feel very pleased to have won and hope the photograph brings a smile to the faces of readers.'
As our winner, Mr McKenna receives a 12in x 10in framed version of his photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft. Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email pictures to email@example.com