Advice for getting festive health help this Christmas
- Credit: PA
Anyone who needs health help this Christmas has been urged to choose the right place for treatment.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is reminding people of the range of options available to them over the festive break. This includes:
local pharmacists, who are experts in medicines and can give advice about minor illnesses, such as coughs, colds and sore throats, so that you can care for yourself at home.
NHS 111, which is for people who need urgent medical help or advice but are not in a life-threatening situation. You can call 111 24 hours a day if:
you need to see a GP urgently when your practice is closed. NHS 111 can arrange for an emergency out of hours doctor to help if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency.
you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 6 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 7 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 8 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 9 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 10 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call.
you need health information or reassurance about what to do next.
Your call to NHS 111 will be answered by a trained call handler, whose job it is to ensure you can access the most appropriate local service.
In addition, patients are also being urged to check their medication and order any repeat prescriptions as early as possible so that they can collect them before the Christmas break.
For more information about healthcare in Great Yarmouth and Waveney, visit www.greatyarmouthandwaveneyccg.nhs.uk/ChooseWell