Advice for getting festive health help this Christmas
- Credit: PA
Anyone who needs health help this Christmas has been urged to choose the right place for treatment.
NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is reminding people of the range of options available to them over the festive break. This includes:
local pharmacists, who are experts in medicines and can give advice about minor illnesses, such as coughs, colds and sore throats, so that you can care for yourself at home.
NHS 111, which is for people who need urgent medical help or advice but are not in a life-threatening situation. You can call 111 24 hours a day if:
you need to see a GP urgently when your practice is closed. NHS 111 can arrange for an emergency out of hours doctor to help if necessary.
You may also want to watch:
you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency.
you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service.
- 1 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 2 Woman punches man on doorstep and snatches his mobile phone
- 3 Friends and family raise £15,000 for father with rare cancer
- 4 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 5 Joy as pub prepares to reopen for first time since September
- 6 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 7 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 8 'Fantastic' - excitement from businesses ahead of May 17 changes
- 9 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 10 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call.
you need health information or reassurance about what to do next.
Your call to NHS 111 will be answered by a trained call handler, whose job it is to ensure you can access the most appropriate local service.
In addition, patients are also being urged to check their medication and order any repeat prescriptions as early as possible so that they can collect them before the Christmas break.
For more information about healthcare in Great Yarmouth and Waveney, visit www.greatyarmouthandwaveneyccg.nhs.uk/ChooseWell