Advice for motorists in Suffolk
DRIVERS have been told to ask themselves if their journey is essential before braving icy roads.A list of top tips for coping in the cold has been issued by the Suffolk Resilience Forum, made up of local councils, the police and NHS Suffolk.
DRIVERS have been told to ask themselves if their journey is essential before braving icy roads.
A list of top tips for coping in the cold has been issued by the Suffolk Resilience Forum, made up of local councils, the police and NHS Suffolk.
Motorists are advised to check the local and national weather forecasts and travel information before setting out.
Heavy snow reduces visibility and drivers are urged to use dipped headlights and reduce speed.
You may also want to watch:
Nearly three weeks of sub zero temperatures in Suffolk has put unprecedented pressure on the winter maintenance team at Suffolk County Council.
From today gritters will salt only A and B roads, routes to main hospitals and fire stations and routes with more than 4,000 movements a day.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 4 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 5 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 6 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 7 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 8 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 9 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 10 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son