Advice for motorists in Suffolk
DRIVERS have been told to ask themselves if their journey is essential before braving icy roads.A list of top tips for coping in the cold has been issued by the Suffolk Resilience Forum, made up of local councils, the police and NHS Suffolk.
DRIVERS have been told to ask themselves if their journey is essential before braving icy roads.
A list of top tips for coping in the cold has been issued by the Suffolk Resilience Forum, made up of local councils, the police and NHS Suffolk.
Motorists are advised to check the local and national weather forecasts and travel information before setting out.
Heavy snow reduces visibility and drivers are urged to use dipped headlights and reduce speed.
Nearly three weeks of sub zero temperatures in Suffolk has put unprecedented pressure on the winter maintenance team at Suffolk County Council.
From today gritters will salt only A and B roads, routes to main hospitals and fire stations and routes with more than 4,000 movements a day.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 3 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 7 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on new hospital for Great Yarmouth and Waveney
- 10 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas