Affordable housing plan for Waveney
SMALL plots of land around Waveney could be used to provide much-needed affordable homes.Waveney District Council is considering giving seven sites to housing associations in order to help meet the local need for affordable housing.
SMALL plots of land around Waveney could be used to provide much-needed affordable homes.
Waveney District Council is considering giving seven sites to housing associations in order to help meet the local need for affordable housing.
The plots are all small, some only big enough for one house, but the council is looking at handing them over to developers for free so that the new houses can then help relieve pressure on the district's housing waiting list.
A report to the council's cabinet, which will be discussed this Thursday (February 11), said: 'Evidence form the housing register shows that there is an urgent need to provide an additional supply of affordable housing in the district. The waiting list for the district has seen a steep increase in the past two years.'
You may also want to watch:
The plots are at Harrison Green, in Reydon, Sir John Leman Way, in Beccles, Borrow Close, in Carlton Colville, St Edmunds Crescent, Francis Road and Clare Road, in Kessingland, and the corner of Normanston Drive and Rotterdam Road, in Lowestoft.
If the council goes ahead with the transfer, plans for the sites will be submitted and considered in the coming months.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 3 Suffolk to be in Tier Two in local lockdown system
- 4 Cyclist attacks car with handlebars and threatens driver
- 5 How do Tier 1 areas like Cornwall compare to Suffolk?
- 6 Club puts safety and well-being first as facility is 'closed to all'
- 7 Coup for Blues with signing of former Norwich City youngster
- 8 High street store for auction as 'residential development'
- 9 Man arrested and cannabis seized as Kestrel team swoops on town
- 10 'The Gull Wing is go' - Joy as third crossing secures Government approval