Find out more about affordable homes in Wrentham
- Credit: Eastern Counties Newspapers
People interested in renting a new affordable home in Wrentham are being invited to attend a special information event later this month.
The construction of new affordable homes at Meadowlands in Wrentham is approaching completion and the homes will then be available to rent through Waveney District Council's Gateway to Homechoice scheme.
The new homes - which comprise one two bedroom house and five one bed houses - will be let with preference to those with a connection to Wrentham and the surrounding area.
Gateway to Homechoice is the scheme for letting social housing across parts of Suffolk and Essex and gives residents the opportunity to bid for council and housing association housing. Available housing is advertised on the Gateway to Homechoice website and once registered; applicants can search for suitable properties.
An information event, organised by Gateway to Homechoice, Waveney District Council, Anglia Revenues Partnership and Asett Homes, will take place on Friday, June 22 from 3pm to 6.30pm, at Wrentham Village Hall, London Road, Wrentham.
You may also want to watch:
The event will give people more information about the new homes as well as the Gateway to Homechoice scheme. Applications for the new homes can be made at the event - applicants must be registered with Gateway to Homechoice and bring along identification, proof of Child Benefit, your National Insurance number, a six-year housing history, details of your income and information on any medical issues.
To register for Gateway to Homechoice, and for more information about the scheme, visit www.gatewaytohomechoice.org.uk
- 1 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 2 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground
- 3 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 4 Vandal's sentencing adjourned after 'mess' of car damage spree case
- 5 Rescue mission as fox gets tangled in football net
- 6 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 9 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 10 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft