After school club to re-start after summer break
- Credit: Nick Butcher
As children return to school next week after the summer holidays, a popular after school club is due to re-start as well.
The club, entitled SMASH, is an after school session that takes place at St. Margaret's Church Hall in Hollingsworth Road, Lowestoft on Thursdays between 3.30pm and 5pm.
With the club re-starting on Thursday, September 7, Arthur Sparkes, group leader and Church Warden, said: 'The school years for acceptance have been increased to cover children from years 3 to 8.
'This club is run by church volunteers to include games, reading bible stories, crafts, acting plays and saying prayers, with outdoor activities when possible.'
The club is free and includes light refreshments. A completed information/contact form authorising attendance from a parent is required.
You may also want to watch:
For further information contact Mr Sparkes on 01502 584320.
Are you holding an event in Lowestoft? Call The Journal on 01502 525820 or email email@example.com
- 1 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 2 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 3 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 4 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 5 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 6 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 7 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach
- 8 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 9 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 10 Robbers attempt to steal dog in Lowestoft churchyard