Aggravated burglary in Lowestoft
A GANG of knife-wielding youths forced their way into a house in Lowestoft and threatened the occupants.Police are seeking witnesses after the aggravated burglary at the property in Maidstone Road around 11.
A GANG of knife-wielding youths forced their way into a house in Lowestoft and threatened the occupants.
Police are seeking witnesses after the aggravated burglary at the property in Maidstone Road around 11.30pm on Friday (February 20).
Two men - a 32-year-old and a 55-year-old - were asleep at the time when they were awoken by the doorbell.
The 32-year-old got up to answer it and were confronted by several men, in their late teens to mid 20s, wearing dark clothing, including hooded tops.
You may also want to watch:
The group then forced their way into the house and threatened both householders with knives. Damage was caused to the property before the men left, running along Maidstone Road towards Selby Street. It's thought there may have been other members of the group outside the house - including a woman.
The 55-year-old man was taken to hospital for checks but neither man was injured.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 3 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 4 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 5 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 6 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 7 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 8 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 9 Charity behind music festival launches lockdown support group
- 10 Missing man found safe and well
If you were in the area at the time police would like to hear from you. Anyone with information about the incident or the youths telephone Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.