Aggravated burglary in Lowestoft
A GANG of knife-wielding youths forced their way into a house in Lowestoft and threatened the occupants.Police are seeking witnesses after the aggravated burglary at the property in Maidstone Road around 11.
A GANG of knife-wielding youths forced their way into a house in Lowestoft and threatened the occupants.
Police are seeking witnesses after the aggravated burglary at the property in Maidstone Road around 11.30pm on Friday (February 20).
Two men - a 32-year-old and a 55-year-old - were asleep at the time when they were awoken by the doorbell.
The 32-year-old got up to answer it and were confronted by several men, in their late teens to mid 20s, wearing dark clothing, including hooded tops.
You may also want to watch:
The group then forced their way into the house and threatened both householders with knives. Damage was caused to the property before the men left, running along Maidstone Road towards Selby Street. It's thought there may have been other members of the group outside the house - including a woman.
The 55-year-old man was taken to hospital for checks but neither man was injured.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 8 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 9 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 10 Delays 'possible' warning ahead of footway works in Lowestoft
If you were in the area at the time police would like to hear from you. Anyone with information about the incident or the youths telephone Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.