Aggravated burglary in Lowestoft
A GANG of knife-wielding youths forced their way into a house in Lowestoft and threatened the occupants.Police are seeking witnesses after the aggravated burglary at the property in Maidstone Road around 11.
A GANG of knife-wielding youths forced their way into a house in Lowestoft and threatened the occupants.
Police are seeking witnesses after the aggravated burglary at the property in Maidstone Road around 11.30pm on Friday (February 20).
Two men - a 32-year-old and a 55-year-old - were asleep at the time when they were awoken by the doorbell.
The 32-year-old got up to answer it and were confronted by several men, in their late teens to mid 20s, wearing dark clothing, including hooded tops.
You may also want to watch:
The group then forced their way into the house and threatened both householders with knives. Damage was caused to the property before the men left, running along Maidstone Road towards Selby Street. It's thought there may have been other members of the group outside the house - including a woman.
The 55-year-old man was taken to hospital for checks but neither man was injured.
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 9 Power tools stolen during Lowestoft shed burglary
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
If you were in the area at the time police would like to hear from you. Anyone with information about the incident or the youths telephone Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.