Air festival's boost for town recognised
ONE of the region's most popular summer events has been commended for its work raising the profile of Lowestoft.The Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival has won three awards at the Waveney Chamber of Commerce Awards in recognition of the part the popular event has played in breathing new life into Lowestoft.
ONE of the region's most popular summer events has been commended for its work raising the profile of Lowestoft.
The Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival has won three awards at the Waveney Chamber of Commerce Awards in recognition of the part the popular event has played in breathing new life into Lowestoft.
The air festival won the regeneration and community development award, the creative Lowestoft business investment award and the retail innovation award.
Air festival managing director Paul Bayfield said: "We are particularly pleased that these awards represent appropriate recognition for the Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival from its peers in the world of business.
You may also want to watch:
"We can now fully understand the value placed on the event and how important it is to the local community and businesses and what responsibility we have to keep the event going."
In each of the past two years, organisers have handed more than �28,000 to local and regional charities who have helped as stewards and salespeople.
- 1 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 9 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft
Next year's event takes place on August 12 and 13.