Alert staff spot suspected fraud
Hayley MaceBank staff alerted police and trading standards officers to a suspected fraud in Lowestoft.An 87-year-old man went into a bank in the town on Wednesday to get money to pay for work being carried out on his home.Hayley Mace
Bank staff alerted police and trading standards officers to a suspected fraud in Lowestoft.
An 87-year-old man went into a bank in the town on Wednesday to get money to pay for work being carried out on his home.
However staff became concerned when the man asked to withdraw a large amount of money and called the police.
The police then spoke to officers from Suffolk Trading Standards and arrested a 26-year-old man at the bank on suspicion of fraud. Another man, aged 32, was arrested in Lowestoft shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
The two men, who are both from Lowestoft, were interviewed in connection with this incident, and others in the area where allegations have been made recently that excessive amounts have been charged for work and customers have not been given the correct information regarding their rights to cancel.
Both men have been bailed until August 25.
- 1 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 2 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 3 Woman bruised after being bitten by dog
- 4 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 5 Pier owners looking forward to bright future
- 6 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 7 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 8 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 9 Magnet fishermen catch a stolen moped in broad
- 10 People gather in the street for funeral of "local legend"