Alert staff spot suspected fraud
Hayley MaceBank staff alerted police and trading standards officers to a suspected fraud in Lowestoft.An 87-year-old man went into a bank in the town on Wednesday to get money to pay for work being carried out on his home.Hayley Mace
Bank staff alerted police and trading standards officers to a suspected fraud in Lowestoft.
An 87-year-old man went into a bank in the town on Wednesday to get money to pay for work being carried out on his home.
However staff became concerned when the man asked to withdraw a large amount of money and called the police.
The police then spoke to officers from Suffolk Trading Standards and arrested a 26-year-old man at the bank on suspicion of fraud. Another man, aged 32, was arrested in Lowestoft shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
The two men, who are both from Lowestoft, were interviewed in connection with this incident, and others in the area where allegations have been made recently that excessive amounts have been charged for work and customers have not been given the correct information regarding their rights to cancel.
Both men have been bailed until August 25.
- 1 Man in 20s among further Covid deaths at Norfolk hospital
- 2 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through region
- 3 Lowestoft gets £24.9m for key town centre projects
- 4 When do the clocks go forward in 2021?
- 5 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 6 Pontins accused of using discriminatory 'undesirable guest' list
- 7 'A big thank you' - Superheroes salute key workers and NHS staff
- 8 The voice of the Shipping Forecast publishes latest fox storybook
- 9 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 10 Sex offender caught with indecent images avoids prison