Alert staff spot suspected fraud
Hayley MaceBank staff alerted police and trading standards officers to a suspected fraud in Lowestoft.An 87-year-old man went into a bank in the town on Wednesday to get money to pay for work being carried out on his home.Hayley Mace
Bank staff alerted police and trading standards officers to a suspected fraud in Lowestoft.
An 87-year-old man went into a bank in the town on Wednesday to get money to pay for work being carried out on his home.
However staff became concerned when the man asked to withdraw a large amount of money and called the police.
The police then spoke to officers from Suffolk Trading Standards and arrested a 26-year-old man at the bank on suspicion of fraud. Another man, aged 32, was arrested in Lowestoft shortly afterwards.
You may also want to watch:
The two men, who are both from Lowestoft, were interviewed in connection with this incident, and others in the area where allegations have been made recently that excessive amounts have been charged for work and customers have not been given the correct information regarding their rights to cancel.
Both men have been bailed until August 25.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home