All set for Southwold Arts Festival
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Theatre, music, comedy, history and more will come to Southwold tomorrow, as the eight-day Arts Festival springs to life.
Starting as it means to go on, the Southwold Arts Festival will open with a bang as a pedal-powered parade marches through the town.
There will be singers, circus entertainers, folk music, samba, choirs, New Orleans street musicians and brass bands - all on the first day of the festival.
It will set the tone for what is sure to be a packed week which the whole community, from businesses to volunteers, have helped to put together.
Festival director Lin Le Versha said: 'This festival depends so much on the goodwill of so many people and we are deeply grateful to them all.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a huge accomplishment for so many people who have a real sense of artistic vision.'
Read today's Journal for the full story.
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 3 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 4 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 5 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 6 Firefighters rescue kittiwake caught in controversial netting
- 7 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 8 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New faces announced for town councils after election votes counted