All set for Southwold Arts Festival
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Theatre, music, comedy, history and more will come to Southwold tomorrow, as the eight-day Arts Festival springs to life.
Starting as it means to go on, the Southwold Arts Festival will open with a bang as a pedal-powered parade marches through the town.
There will be singers, circus entertainers, folk music, samba, choirs, New Orleans street musicians and brass bands - all on the first day of the festival.
It will set the tone for what is sure to be a packed week which the whole community, from businesses to volunteers, have helped to put together.
Festival director Lin Le Versha said: 'This festival depends so much on the goodwill of so many people and we are deeply grateful to them all.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a huge accomplishment for so many people who have a real sense of artistic vision.'
Read today's Journal for the full story.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 5 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 6 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd
- 9 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 10 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub