All set for Southwold Arts Festival
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Theatre, music, comedy, history and more will come to Southwold tomorrow, as the eight-day Arts Festival springs to life.
Starting as it means to go on, the Southwold Arts Festival will open with a bang as a pedal-powered parade marches through the town.
There will be singers, circus entertainers, folk music, samba, choirs, New Orleans street musicians and brass bands - all on the first day of the festival.
It will set the tone for what is sure to be a packed week which the whole community, from businesses to volunteers, have helped to put together.
Festival director Lin Le Versha said: 'This festival depends so much on the goodwill of so many people and we are deeply grateful to them all.
You may also want to watch:
'It is a huge accomplishment for so many people who have a real sense of artistic vision.'
Read today's Journal for the full story.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 5 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 6 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 7 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 8 Pizza branch to expand into another unit
- 9 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars