Alleged drug driver in stolen car arrested overnight
- Credit: Archant
An alleged drug driver with a provisional licence was arrested in a stolen car during the night at the start of the Bank Holiday weekend.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team took to Twitter following the arrest in Lowestoft, with the driver initially stopped for a defective light.
Officers also allege the car was stolen and the driver had no insurance and was over the legal limit for cannabis.
They tweeted: 'Vehicle stopped in Lowestoft by the East Team for a defective light. Driver was a P/L holder, had no insurance, provided a positive Drug Wipe for cannabis. Vehicle was stolen and driver was also in possession of drugs.
'#Arrested en route to custody. #CellForOne.'
You may also want to watch:
Officers also took to Twitter to warn drivers after being called to four incidents of deers being hit by cars.
They said: 'Oh deer! Over the night we have dealt with at least 4 deer that had been struck by vehicles.
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 4 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 7 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 8 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 9 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
'Please drive carefully on main or country roads and look out for wildlife.
'Also, thanks to the deer warden there was no suffering. #ohdeerohdeerohdeer.'