Amazing close encounter with brown hare wins The Journal’s weekly picture competition
- Credit: Archant
Sue Dale's amazing close encounter with this brown hare at Carlton Marshes has won this week's Picture of the Week.
Sue, 49, who lives in Oulton, used her Nikon D3300 camera to capture the shot on April 10.
She said: 'I saw the hare coming along the path in the distance and realised it was heading my way so I laid on the track (don't laugh!) and waited for it to get close enough. I didn't realise it would get quite so close as they are notorious for running away and I felt very lucky to have had such a close encounter.'
It is the third time Sue has won our competition, and she said it was a great surprise.
As our winner, she receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 4 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment