Amazing close encounter with brown hare wins The Journal’s weekly picture competition
- Credit: Archant
Sue Dale's amazing close encounter with this brown hare at Carlton Marshes has won this week's Picture of the Week.
Sue, 49, who lives in Oulton, used her Nikon D3300 camera to capture the shot on April 10.
She said: 'I saw the hare coming along the path in the distance and realised it was heading my way so I laid on the track (don't laugh!) and waited for it to get close enough. I didn't realise it would get quite so close as they are notorious for running away and I felt very lucky to have had such a close encounter.'
It is the third time Sue has won our competition, and she said it was a great surprise.
As our winner, she receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email your pictures to email@example.com
- 1 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions
- 2 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 3 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 5 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 6 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 9 Seven arrested and three charged with supplying cocaine after large police presence in village
- 10 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff