Amazing close encounter with brown hare wins The Journal’s weekly picture competition
- Credit: Archant
Sue Dale's amazing close encounter with this brown hare at Carlton Marshes has won this week's Picture of the Week.
Sue, 49, who lives in Oulton, used her Nikon D3300 camera to capture the shot on April 10.
She said: 'I saw the hare coming along the path in the distance and realised it was heading my way so I laid on the track (don't laugh!) and waited for it to get close enough. I didn't realise it would get quite so close as they are notorious for running away and I felt very lucky to have had such a close encounter.'
It is the third time Sue has won our competition, and she said it was a great surprise.
As our winner, she receives a 12in x 10in framed version of her photo from Picture Studios, of London Road North, Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Entries can be of any subject but they must be digital images. Email your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home