Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- Credit: Auction House East Anglia
An area of land in a tranquil setting has sold for more than five times the price it was expected to fetch at auction.
The parcel of amenity land in the countryside near Beccles, went under the hammer as an auction was held online on Wednesday, July 28.
Marketed by Auction House East Anglia, the land adjacent to Dunburgh Road in Geldeston, Beccles, had a guide price of £20,000 to £30,000 plus fees.
The property description from the auctioneers said it was a "rare opportunity" that saw "this beautiful parcel of undulating land" up for sale.
It stated: "It is well maintained and has been used for pure pleasure for the past eight years by the current owners.
"This is a rare opportunity to acquire a small part of Norfolk countryside."
You may also want to watch:
The "1.6 acre parcel of amenity land" was sold on a freehold tenure for £111,000 - well above its expected guide price.
- 1 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 2 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 5 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 6 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 7 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 10 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft