Annual Lowestoft in Bloom meeting to be held
- Credit: David Banks
A popular charity, which celebrates its 21st year of promoting Lowestoft in a regional contest, will hold their annual meeting next month.
The Lowestoft in Bloom AGM will be held on May 15 at the Waveney Norse buildings in Rotterdam Road starting at 7.15pm.
Lowestoft in Bloom is run by a small committee of dedicated members who all give their time freely and without reward.
After successfully launching their blooming great competition earlier this month, the contest is now open to all categories.
Residents are being reminded to submit their entry forms in preparation for the Anglia in Bloom judges arriving in the town this summer.
You may also want to watch:
At the launch event at Broadlands, Lowestoft in Bloom chairman John Fryers outlined this year's competition and theme – which is the twinning of the town with Plaisir in France.
Entry forms for this year's competition can be collected from The Journal office at 147 London Road North or via lowestoft.webplus.net
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 5 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 8 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 9 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 10 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft