Annual Lowestoft in Bloom meeting to be held
- Credit: David Banks
A popular charity, which celebrates its 21st year of promoting Lowestoft in a regional contest, will hold their annual meeting next month.
The Lowestoft in Bloom AGM will be held on May 15 at the Waveney Norse buildings in Rotterdam Road starting at 7.15pm.
Lowestoft in Bloom is run by a small committee of dedicated members who all give their time freely and without reward.
After successfully launching their blooming great competition earlier this month, the contest is now open to all categories.
Residents are being reminded to submit their entry forms in preparation for the Anglia in Bloom judges arriving in the town this summer.
You may also want to watch:
At the launch event at Broadlands, Lowestoft in Bloom chairman John Fryers outlined this year's competition and theme – which is the twinning of the town with Plaisir in France.
Entry forms for this year's competition can be collected from The Journal office at 147 London Road North or via lowestoft.webplus.net
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 8 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend