Annual winning pair are presented with their trophy at Lowestoft Boccia Club
- Credit: Ross Munro
The champions of Lowestoft Boccia Club's seasonal Pairs Shield have been presented with their winners' award.
On November 30, the winning pair of Mandy Martin and Wendy Hargadon, going by the team name of the Hair Bear Bunch, was presented with a shield by Lowestoft businessman, Gary Bennett, to recognise their achievement.
Ross Munro, coach at Lowestoft Boccia Club, said: 'This is a social and fun sports club for everybody with a disability in Lowestoft and Waveney area.
'As always thank you to Gary for his help, he has donated over £1,500 to the club in the last few years and has funded our Christmas dos.'
Boccia is game of tactics and skill for those with a disability and is a Paralympic sport- the aim is to roll balls on a rectangular court so they finish as close as possible to a white target ball, known as the 'jack'.
You may also want to watch:
The presentation was an opportunity for the club to thank Sentinel Leisure Trust for adding permanent Boccia court markings to the Water Lane Leisure Centre sports hall.
The club also expressed thanks to Suffolk County Councillor Janet Craig for helping to purchase much-needed equipment.
- 1 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 2 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 5 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 9 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 10 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
If you are interested in joining Lowestoft Boccia Club call: 01502 742 079 or email: email@example.com.