Singing star takes flight in Lowestoft panto
- Credit: Archant
He shone in a popular talent contest on television.
And now a singing star is preparing to soar into Lowestoft to take on the title role of Peter Pan in a sparkling family pantomime.
Anthony Sahota – who starred in the BBC's talent competition, Let it Shine – will join the cast of the panto Peter Pan that will be performed at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft from December 13 until January 1.
Appearing in Let it Shine – which aimed to find young performers to star in The Band, a new stage musical featuring the songs of Take That – the contest was presented by Graham Norton and Mel Giedroyc, with Gary Barlow, Dannii Minogue and Martin Kemp the celebrity judges.
Throughout the series Mr Sahota was praised for his unique vocal style and renditions of current chart hits. A highlight was performing with his childhood favourite pop group Busted on national TV as he went on to reach the quarter finals in the contest.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Sahota will be reprising the role of Peter Pan after playing the part at the Pomegranate Theatre, Chesterfield last Christmas. He joins the recently announced Sid Owen, of EastEnders fame, who will star as the dastardly Captain Hook and returning Lowestoft favourite Terry Gleed as his hapless sidekick Smee.
Pantomime producer Paul Holman said: 'Anthony is a talented young musician and performer with the right fun, energy and talent to play the adventurous and slightly cheeky chappy character Peter Pan.
- 1 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 5 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 6 Nominations for town council post revealed following 'bullying' claims
- 7 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Freddie the fish trail set to make a splash return this summer
- 10 Everything to see and do in Lowestoft
'With Sid Owen, Terry Gleed and now Anthony Sahota joining the cast, Peter Pan is shaping up to be Lowestoft's most exciting panto line-up yet.'
With all of the traditional elements of pantomime, combined with dazzling scenery and costumes, laughter aplenty and more than a sprinkling of fairy dust, this year's production promises to be more spectacular than ever.
The Pantomime Adventures of Peter Pan runs at Marina Theatre, Lowestoft, from Thursday, December 13 to Tuesday, January 1. Tickets are available from the theatre box office on 01502 533200 and online via www.marinatheatre.co.uk