Appeal after Lowestoft collision
Police in Lowestoft are appealing for help tracing a driver after a collision in the town yesterday afternoon.A blue P-registration car was travelling along Lowestoft Road, near the junction with Poplar Road, at about 3.
Police in Lowestoft are appealing for help tracing a driver after a collision in the town yesterday afternoon.
A blue P-registration car was travelling along Lowestoft Road, near the junction with Poplar Road, at about 3.25pm when it collided with a yellow Fiat Punto.
The driver of the Punto was uninjured, but damage was caused to the car. The drover of the blue car - described as male, white, aged in his late teens to early 20s, around 5ft 11ins tall, of thin build, with short dark hair and wearing a white baseball cap, white t-shirt and dark jogging bottoms - became abusive and refused to exchange details before driving off from the scene.
The blue car was similar to an old Vauxhall Astra and the front would be damaged. It also had a patch of light-coloured paint on a panel at the back and there appeared to be a male passenger in the vehicle at the time.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 3 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown