Appeal after sexual assault in Lowestoft
A 46-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted on a footpath at Normanston Park, Lowestoft, at about 3pm yesterday.The woman is believed to have met a man near a pond in the park.
A 46-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted on a footpath at Normanston Park, Lowestoft, at about 3pm yesterday.
The woman is believed to have met a man near a pond in the park. A verbal altercation took place and continued as they walked along a footpath.
They stopped and the alleged sexual assault took place.
After this the man and woman walked for a short distance before the woman was allegedly assaulted by the man.
You may also want to watch:
Police were contacted a short later and a 43-year-old man, who is known to the woman, was arrested.
He is currently in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where he is being interviewed by officers.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 7 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 8 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 9 Lockdown easing to go ahead - but Hancock won't rule out reversal
- 10 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
Police are appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anyone in the park at about 3pm yesterday, who may have seen the man and woman together.
Call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.