Appeal after sexual assault in Lowestoft
A 46-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted on a footpath at Normanston Park, Lowestoft, at about 3pm yesterday.The woman is believed to have met a man near a pond in the park.
A 46-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted on a footpath at Normanston Park, Lowestoft, at about 3pm yesterday.
The woman is believed to have met a man near a pond in the park. A verbal altercation took place and continued as they walked along a footpath.
They stopped and the alleged sexual assault took place.
After this the man and woman walked for a short distance before the woman was allegedly assaulted by the man.
You may also want to watch:
Police were contacted a short later and a 43-year-old man, who is known to the woman, was arrested.
He is currently in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where he is being interviewed by officers.
- 1 Flames and spectacular laser lights illuminate skies over pier
- 2 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 3 Vandals rip off car wing mirrors in Lowestoft street
- 4 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People stranded on sandspit spark emergency response
- 6 Fourth place for Giarnni and GB quartet in team gymnastics Olympic final
- 7 Vacancy on town council after resignation
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Lorry in collision with a tree near Halesworth
- 10 Mountain bike stolen from outside gym on retail park
Police are appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anyone in the park at about 3pm yesterday, who may have seen the man and woman together.
Call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.