Appeal after sexual assault in Lowestoft
A 46-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted on a footpath at Normanston Park, Lowestoft, at about 3pm yesterday.The woman is believed to have met a man near a pond in the park.
A 46-year-old woman was allegedly sexually assaulted on a footpath at Normanston Park, Lowestoft, at about 3pm yesterday.
The woman is believed to have met a man near a pond in the park. A verbal altercation took place and continued as they walked along a footpath.
They stopped and the alleged sexual assault took place.
After this the man and woman walked for a short distance before the woman was allegedly assaulted by the man.
You may also want to watch:
Police were contacted a short later and a 43-year-old man, who is known to the woman, was arrested.
He is currently in custody at Lowestoft Police Station where he is being interviewed by officers.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
Police are appealing for witnesses and would like to hear from anyone in the park at about 3pm yesterday, who may have seen the man and woman together.
Call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.