Appeal for information about tragic death
Hayley MacePolice preparing coroners report into the death of Daniel Hannant at Southwold last year are renewing an appeal for anyone with further information to contact them after a potential sighting of him with two girls on the night he went missing.Hayley Mace
Police preparing the coroners report into the death of Daniel Hannant at Southwold last year are renewing an appeal for anyone with further information to contact them after a potential sighting of him with two girls around 11.45pm on the night he disappeared, Saturday February 28 2009.
A man - thought to be Mr Hannant - was seen talking to the two girls in an archway between shops at Station Road between 11.30pm and midnight. This is shortly after the last confirmed sighting at 11.30pm.
He had been for a night out with friends at the Royal British Legion Club in Southwold but was reported missing when he failed to arrive home.
Police began a search of the area and extensive media appeals were made at the time for anyone with information to come forward however, sadly,his body was found between Mights Road and Blyth Road allotments on the Blyth Road side of Buss Creek on Tuesday March 3.
You may also want to watch:
While the death is not being treated as suspicious, officers putting together the coroners report are making appeals for anyone who may have information to come forward, before the completed report is put before the coroner for the inquest into his death.
If you were one of the girls, or if you know who they were or have any further information, please call Beccles Police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 4 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 5 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 6 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 7 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 8 'My life as a young carer' - Woman's new book aims to support others
- 9 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 10 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed