Appeal launched after Lowestoft assaults
POLICE appeals have been launched after a man and woman were assaulted in separate incidents in Lowestoft and Kessingland.Witnesses and information are being sought after a man suffered a broken jaw after trouble flared in London Road South, and in a separate incident a woman was attacked in a Kessingland alleyway.
POLICE appeals have been launched after a man and woman were assaulted in separate incidents in Lowestoft and Kessingland.
Witnesses and information are being sought after a man suffered a broken jaw after trouble flared in London Road South, and in a separate incident a woman was attacked in a Kessingland alleyway.
A 39-year-old man was assaulted near the Carlton public house between 6pm and 7pm on Saturday, February 28 by a man described as white, around 6ft 6ins tall, in his mid 20s to early 30s, with dark hair in a crew cut style.
The 39-year-old had been outside having a cigarette when he noticed the man and a woman having a verbal argument. There was another woman and a child who appeared to be with them. The child appeared to be upset so the 39-year-old spoke to the man, and was then assaulted.
He subsequently underwent surgery at the Norfolk and Norwich hospital.
Police need to trace the man and are appealing for the women there at the time and anyone else who may have seen the incident to come forward.
- 1 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 2 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 3 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 4 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 5 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 6 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 7 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 8 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 9 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 10 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed
Witnesses are also being sought after a 36-year-old woman was assaulted in an alleyway in the Field Lane area of Kessingland around 7pm on Friday, March 6.
The woman was taking a short cut through the alleyway near the surgery when a person wearing a dark hooded top rode past her on a mountain bike and pushed her into the brick wall.
She suffered a graze to her cheek and a bump to her head. Police would like to hear from anyone who saw the incident, anyone with information about who the cyclist was, or anyone who was in the area at the time, regardless of whether you think you saw anything of use.
If you can help on either of the incidents please call Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.