Apply for free school meals now, say Suffolk County Council
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Suffolk County Council is urging parents and carers to register for free school meals before April 1, 2018.
Under the roll out of Universal Credit, the Department of Education has committed to providing free school meals for all eligible children until March 2022 provided they have applied by the end of the month.
Cllr Gordon Jones, Suffolk County Council's Cabinet Member for Children's Services, Education and Skills said 'A year of school meals costs a family around £450.
'If they are eligible, free school meals will save families that money, provides their child with a nutritious meal each day and generate up to £1,300 of extra funding each year for their child's school.
'It only takes a few minutes to apply, is easy to do and you will know immediately if you are entitled.
You may also want to watch:
'Even if your child already gets a Universal Infant Free School Meal, you should still apply for free school meals.'
- 1 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 7 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries