Apply for free school meals now, say Suffolk County Council
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Suffolk County Council is urging parents and carers to register for free school meals before April 1, 2018.
Under the roll out of Universal Credit, the Department of Education has committed to providing free school meals for all eligible children until March 2022 provided they have applied by the end of the month.
Cllr Gordon Jones, Suffolk County Council's Cabinet Member for Children's Services, Education and Skills said 'A year of school meals costs a family around £450.
'If they are eligible, free school meals will save families that money, provides their child with a nutritious meal each day and generate up to £1,300 of extra funding each year for their child's school.
'It only takes a few minutes to apply, is easy to do and you will know immediately if you are entitled.
You may also want to watch:
'Even if your child already gets a Universal Infant Free School Meal, you should still apply for free school meals.'
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 3 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 4 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 5 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 6 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 7 Amazing! Photo sequence shows how marsh harrier grabbed a rabbit
- 8 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Investigations continue into 'suspicious' caravan fire that 'exploded'