Apply for vouchers to help with superslow broadband
People with superslow broadband are being encouraged to apply for vouchers to help with the cost of having satellite broadband
Suffolk Coastal MP Dr Therese Coffey said the scheme would fulfil the Government's pledge that everyone could have broadband speeds of at least 2MB, which is enough to access iPlayer.
Dr Coffey said: 'The rollout of superfast broadband is making good progress.
'Over 20,000 more households can connect to superfast broadband thanks to Government and council investment.
'However, no more fibre cabinets are being installed in the Suffolk Coastal constituency in the next nine months. Phase 2 will proceed when we get state aid clearance from the EU, which I believe will come through shortly.
You may also want to watch:
'For those people who experience a download speed under 2MB, the best option is now to apply for satellite broadband vouchers.
'You will need to pay the monthly fee as per usual, but a voucher will pay the costs of the installation of the satellite dish.'
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
To apply for a satellite broadband voucher, visit www.betterbroad