Armed robbers strike in Lowestoft
Mark BoggisKNIFE-wielding robbers raided a post office in Oulton Broad, injuring a woman member of staff before fleeing with cash from a safe.Police are seeking information after the armed robbery at the Rock Estate Post Office and convenience store in Hall Road, Oulton Broad on Saturday morning (January 9).Mark Boggis
KNIFE-wielding robbers raided a post office in Oulton Broad, injuring a woman member of staff before fleeing with cash from a safe.
Police are seeking information after the armed robbery at the Rock Estate Post Office and convenience store in Hall Road, Oulton Broad on Saturday morning (January 9).
Two men entered the store about 9am and one approached the post office counter while the other threatened one of three members of staff at the shop with a knife.
The other man gained entry to the Post Office area and stole a quantity of cash from the safe, but a member of staff who had been behind the shop counter managed to call police and then attempted to stop the two men from leaving.
You may also want to watch:
A brief struggle ensued but both suspects fled with the cash.
No members of the public were in the shop at the time. A female member of staff, who had been behind the post office counter, suffered a cut to her hand and a bruise to her knee when she was pushed by one of the offenders.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 School warning after social media post about girls being approached
- 10 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
The robbers are white, one was around 5ft 8ins tall, of slightly chubby build and was wearing a white scarf partially over his face, a white hat, a black jacket and black trousers, while the other was over 6ft tall, of skinny build with a white scarf partially over his face and wearing a black top. One appeared to be balding.
A vehicle seen leaving the premises with the robbers inside was found a short time later in Normanshurst Close with some of the stolen cash inside.
It's thought this vehicle - a blue and white Landrover - was stolen from Love Road in the early hours of Saturday, January 9.
Anyone who was in any of these areas around the relevant times who has information about the robbery or the offenders is asked to contact Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300 or Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.