Man arrested on suspicion of arson following house fire
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested in connection with an arson investigation in Lowestoft.
Police were called by Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service at around 8.40pm on Tuesday, March 19, following reports of a fire in a house in Maidstone Road.
The fire caused significant damage to the house and a number of other terraced properties but no one was injured as a result of the incident.
The blaze gutted the home after it started on the first floor of the end terraced property on Maidstone Road in Lowestoft before it spread to the roof.
Speaking after the incident, neighbours described hearing 'a massive whoosh' before the first floor of the house was engulfed by flames.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'A 55-year-old man was arrested on Friday, March 29 on suspicion of arson and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
'The man was subsequently released under investigation pending further inquiries.'
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future