Arrests after Lowestoft drugs raids
Hayley MaceFour people have been arrested and drugs have been seized after police executed warrants at two houses in Lowestoft.Suffolk police's territorial support team, the area intelligence unit, Lowestoft CID and uniformed officers from the town carried out warrants in Grosvenor Road and Cleveland Road at about midday yesterday.Hayley Mace
Four people have been arrested and drugs have been seized after police executed warrants at two houses in Lowestoft.
Suffolk police's territorial support team, the area intelligence unit, Lowestoft CID and uniformed officers from the town carried out warrants in Grosvenor Road and Cleveland Road at about midday yesterday.
At Cleveland Road, two people - a 35-year-old woman and a 37-year-old man - were arrested after police discovered a quantity of green leaf material and a quantity of white power, both believed to be illegal drugs.
The 35-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of supplying a controlled drug while the 37-year-old man was arrested for possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
Two others - a 30-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy - were arrested nearby on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
All four have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on June 24 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 Delays expected for bridge works
- 4 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 5 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 6 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 7 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 8 Hospital order for man who attacked mother with metal bar
- 9 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 10 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
At Grosvenor Road, a large quantity of cannabis resin was discovered and this was seized along with a quantity of cash and white powder.
Items of property were also recovered and enquiries are under way to discover where these have come from.