Arrests after Lowestoft drugs raids
Hayley MaceFour people have been arrested and drugs have been seized after police executed warrants at two houses in Lowestoft.Suffolk police's territorial support team, the area intelligence unit, Lowestoft CID and uniformed officers from the town carried out warrants in Grosvenor Road and Cleveland Road at about midday yesterday.Hayley Mace
Four people have been arrested and drugs have been seized after police executed warrants at two houses in Lowestoft.
Suffolk police's territorial support team, the area intelligence unit, Lowestoft CID and uniformed officers from the town carried out warrants in Grosvenor Road and Cleveland Road at about midday yesterday.
At Cleveland Road, two people - a 35-year-old woman and a 37-year-old man - were arrested after police discovered a quantity of green leaf material and a quantity of white power, both believed to be illegal drugs.
The 35-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of supplying a controlled drug while the 37-year-old man was arrested for possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
You may also want to watch:
Two others - a 30-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy - were arrested nearby on suspicion of possession of cannabis with intent to supply.
All four have now been bailed to return to Lowestoft Police Station on June 24 pending further enquiries.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 3 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 8 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 9 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 10 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
At Grosvenor Road, a large quantity of cannabis resin was discovered and this was seized along with a quantity of cash and white powder.
Items of property were also recovered and enquiries are under way to discover where these have come from.