Arrests made after major police search in Lowestoft
THREE men have been arrested by police in Lowestoft following a burglary incident at premises in the town.
Police on patrol in the Waveney Drive area about 4pm on Saturday (February 4) noticed several men carrying copper wire in a compound at the premises and stopped to talk to them.
'On seeing the officers the men fled,' a police spokesman said. 'A search was immediately started with response, Safer Neighbourhood Team and Territorial Support Team officers and the force helicopter being mobilised to assist.'
The three men were located and subsequently arrested. Officers on the site discovered a large amount of cable prepared for transport. The three – two 23-year-old men from Gorleston and a 21-year-old man from Great Yarmouth – were taken into custody where they were interviewed by police.
'All three have now been bailed to return to officers on March 20, pending further enquiries,' the police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
• Police are asking anyone who was in the area around this time who may have seen any part of the incident to come forward. If you can help please call PC 1705 Dines at Lowestoft police on 101.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary