Arrests made after major police search in Lowestoft
THREE men have been arrested by police in Lowestoft following a burglary incident at premises in the town.
Police on patrol in the Waveney Drive area about 4pm on Saturday (February 4) noticed several men carrying copper wire in a compound at the premises and stopped to talk to them.
'On seeing the officers the men fled,' a police spokesman said. 'A search was immediately started with response, Safer Neighbourhood Team and Territorial Support Team officers and the force helicopter being mobilised to assist.'
The three men were located and subsequently arrested. Officers on the site discovered a large amount of cable prepared for transport. The three – two 23-year-old men from Gorleston and a 21-year-old man from Great Yarmouth – were taken into custody where they were interviewed by police.
'All three have now been bailed to return to officers on March 20, pending further enquiries,' the police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
• Police are asking anyone who was in the area around this time who may have seen any part of the incident to come forward. If you can help please call PC 1705 Dines at Lowestoft police on 101.
- 1 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 2 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 3 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 5 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 6 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft
- 9 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 10 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles