Arsonists may have caused blaze
A windows firm in Lowestoft has been targeted in a suspected arson attack.Three crews tackled the blaze at Lowestoft Glazing Services on Wollaston Road at just before 9pm on Tuesday.
A windows firm in Lowestoft has been targeted in a suspected arson attack.
Three crews tackled the blaze at Lowestoft Glazing Services on Wollaston Road at just before 9pm on Tuesday.
It is thought the fire started when a barrel full of hot ashes, which was in the middle of the yard, was rolled towards a van belonging to the company.
Tanya Horton, who works at the company, said the yard was closed off and the gates locked at night.
You may also want to watch:
“The van was burnt out and is a write-off, and some of the guttering has been damaged. Police think children jumped over the fence and somehow pushed the barrel over to the van,” she said.
A spokesman for the police said: “We are working with the fire services and making further enquiries.”
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft