Arsonists strike in Lowestoft blaze
Mark BoggisPOLICE are treating a fire as arson after a wooden shed and garage was damaged in Lowestoft.Firefighters from Normanshurst station were called to Tedder Road at 10.Mark Boggis
POLICE are treating a fire as arson after a wooden shed and garage was damaged in Lowestoft.
Firefighters from Normanshurst station were called to Tedder Road at 10.14pm last night (Sunday) after a blaze spread to a row of fir trees and a wooden shed.
'Police are appealing for witnesses after someone set light to rubbish in the back garden of a property in Tedder Road, which has then spread and caused damage to the fence and garage,' police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach said.
The 5m by 3m wooden shed was damaged in the blaze, with firefighters spending more than 40 minutes to put out the flames as the scene was cleared by 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Information about the incident, or the arsonists, should be directed to PC Groom at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 3 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 4 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 5 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 8 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 9 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 10 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'