Arsonists strike in Lowestoft blaze
Mark BoggisPOLICE are treating a fire as arson after a wooden shed and garage was damaged in Lowestoft.Firefighters from Normanshurst station were called to Tedder Road at 10.Mark Boggis
POLICE are treating a fire as arson after a wooden shed and garage was damaged in Lowestoft.
Firefighters from Normanshurst station were called to Tedder Road at 10.14pm last night (Sunday) after a blaze spread to a row of fir trees and a wooden shed.
'Police are appealing for witnesses after someone set light to rubbish in the back garden of a property in Tedder Road, which has then spread and caused damage to the fence and garage,' police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach said.
The 5m by 3m wooden shed was damaged in the blaze, with firefighters spending more than 40 minutes to put out the flames as the scene was cleared by 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Information about the incident, or the arsonists, should be directed to PC Groom at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 3 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 4 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 5 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 6 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track
- 9 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 10 School warning after social media post about girls being approached