Arsonists strike in Lowestoft blaze
Mark BoggisPOLICE are treating a fire as arson after a wooden shed and garage was damaged in Lowestoft.Firefighters from Normanshurst station were called to Tedder Road at 10.Mark Boggis
POLICE are treating a fire as arson after a wooden shed and garage was damaged in Lowestoft.
Firefighters from Normanshurst station were called to Tedder Road at 10.14pm last night (Sunday) after a blaze spread to a row of fir trees and a wooden shed.
'Police are appealing for witnesses after someone set light to rubbish in the back garden of a property in Tedder Road, which has then spread and caused damage to the fence and garage,' police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach said.
The 5m by 3m wooden shed was damaged in the blaze, with firefighters spending more than 40 minutes to put out the flames as the scene was cleared by 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Information about the incident, or the arsonists, should be directed to PC Groom at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
- 2 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 3 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 4 Delays expected for bridge works
- 5 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 6 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 7 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 8 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 9 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
- 10 Major investments at 'incredibly exciting time' for coastal town