Arsonists strike in Lowestoft blaze
Mark BoggisPOLICE are treating a fire as arson after a wooden shed and garage was damaged in Lowestoft.Firefighters from Normanshurst station were called to Tedder Road at 10.Mark Boggis
POLICE are treating a fire as arson after a wooden shed and garage was damaged in Lowestoft.
Firefighters from Normanshurst station were called to Tedder Road at 10.14pm last night (Sunday) after a blaze spread to a row of fir trees and a wooden shed.
'Police are appealing for witnesses after someone set light to rubbish in the back garden of a property in Tedder Road, which has then spread and caused damage to the fence and garage,' police spokesman Anne-Marie Breach said.
The 5m by 3m wooden shed was damaged in the blaze, with firefighters spending more than 40 minutes to put out the flames as the scene was cleared by 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
Information about the incident, or the arsonists, should be directed to PC Groom at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12
- 6 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 7 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 8 Dancing doc, 93, boogies for four hours in town centre for charity
- 9 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 10 More fatal crashes on Suffolk roads this year already than whole of 2020