Arsonists strike in Lowestoft blazes
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17). Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17).
Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.30am at Breckland Way where an 8ft high Leylandii hedge was set alight. A large section of the hedge was destroyed.
The second blaze happened at College Meadows about 2pm when a conifer hedge was set alight. Both blazes were put out by Lowestoft firefighters.
Anyone with information about the arsonists should telephone Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex