Arsonists strike in Lowestoft blazes
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17). Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17).
Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.30am at Breckland Way where an 8ft high Leylandii hedge was set alight. A large section of the hedge was destroyed.
The second blaze happened at College Meadows about 2pm when a conifer hedge was set alight. Both blazes were put out by Lowestoft firefighters.
Anyone with information about the arsonists should telephone Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 2 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 3 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 4 Hundreds receive coronavirus vaccine at pharmacy
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 7 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 10 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death