Arsonists strike in Lowestoft blazes
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17). Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17).
Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.30am at Breckland Way where an 8ft high Leylandii hedge was set alight. A large section of the hedge was destroyed.
The second blaze happened at College Meadows about 2pm when a conifer hedge was set alight. Both blazes were put out by Lowestoft firefighters.
Anyone with information about the arsonists should telephone Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Brit Award winner cancels Latitude and Norwich shows due to Covid
- 10 Man charged after late night crash in Lowestoft