Arsonists strike in Lowestoft blazes
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17). Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17).
Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.30am at Breckland Way where an 8ft high Leylandii hedge was set alight. A large section of the hedge was destroyed.
The second blaze happened at College Meadows about 2pm when a conifer hedge was set alight. Both blazes were put out by Lowestoft firefighters.
Anyone with information about the arsonists should telephone Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 8 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 9 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 10 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid