Arsonists strike in Lowestoft blazes
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17). Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.
ARSONISTS are being blamed for two hedge fires in Lowestoft yesterday (Thursday, September 17).
Police are seeking witnesses after the first blaze happened about 10.30am at Breckland Way where an 8ft high Leylandii hedge was set alight. A large section of the hedge was destroyed.
The second blaze happened at College Meadows about 2pm when a conifer hedge was set alight. Both blazes were put out by Lowestoft firefighters.
Anyone with information about the arsonists should telephone Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 2 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 3 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 4 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 5 Charity walkers celebrate some unexpected news
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 8 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Suffolk