Attempted burglary in Lowestoft
A BURGLAR was forced to flee from a Lowestoft house empty-handed after being disturbed by the owner.Police are seeking information after the house in London Road South was broken into about 11.
A BURGLAR was forced to flee from a Lowestoft house empty-handed after being disturbed by the owner.
Police are seeking information after the house in London Road South was broken into about 11.15am to 11.30am yesterday (Sunday, September 20).
A resident at the property heard her front gate opening and saw a man described as in his late 20s to early 30s, of slim build, about 5ft 8ins to 5ft 10ins tall and carrying a Lidl carrier bag, who went to her front door and knocked.
The householder did not answer as she was getting changed but moments later heard the sound of breaking glass. She immediately went downstairs and activated her burglar alarm.
You may also want to watch:
It appears this scared off the burglar and no entry was gained, with nothing stolen. Police are asking anyone who may have seen the man or the incident to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 2 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 3 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 4 Repair works to be carried out along Lowestoft north Denes
- 5 Hunt continues for Mercedes driver who crashed into homes in Lowestoft
- 6 Trio 'released under investigation' following arrests outside petrol station
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 How visiting restrictions are easing at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Lowestoft man admits sending revenge porn to ex-partner's family
- 10 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed