Attempted burglary in Lowestoft
A BURGLAR was forced to flee from a Lowestoft house empty-handed after being disturbed by the owner.Police are seeking information after the house in London Road South was broken into about 11.
A BURGLAR was forced to flee from a Lowestoft house empty-handed after being disturbed by the owner.
Police are seeking information after the house in London Road South was broken into about 11.15am to 11.30am yesterday (Sunday, September 20).
A resident at the property heard her front gate opening and saw a man described as in his late 20s to early 30s, of slim build, about 5ft 8ins to 5ft 10ins tall and carrying a Lidl carrier bag, who went to her front door and knocked.
The householder did not answer as she was getting changed but moments later heard the sound of breaking glass. She immediately went downstairs and activated her burglar alarm.
You may also want to watch:
It appears this scared off the burglar and no entry was gained, with nothing stolen. Police are asking anyone who may have seen the man or the incident to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 9 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week