Attempted burglary in Lowestoft
A BURGLAR was forced to flee from a Lowestoft house empty-handed after being disturbed by the owner.Police are seeking information after the house in London Road South was broken into about 11.
A BURGLAR was forced to flee from a Lowestoft house empty-handed after being disturbed by the owner.
Police are seeking information after the house in London Road South was broken into about 11.15am to 11.30am yesterday (Sunday, September 20).
A resident at the property heard her front gate opening and saw a man described as in his late 20s to early 30s, of slim build, about 5ft 8ins to 5ft 10ins tall and carrying a Lidl carrier bag, who went to her front door and knocked.
The householder did not answer as she was getting changed but moments later heard the sound of breaking glass. She immediately went downstairs and activated her burglar alarm.
It appears this scared off the burglar and no entry was gained, with nothing stolen. Police are asking anyone who may have seen the man or the incident to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 2 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 8 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 9 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 10 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday